Roughing the Punter

Go Back   Roughing the Punter > Main Forums > The Ledger

Old 11-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptrBob View Post
I posted a response at Pregame with the following disclaimer:

I am not getting the BLP plays in advance so I cannot vouch for whether they are actually accurate, a complete set, or widely available per BLP rules. These are simply a compilation of the plays set forth in the BLP update thread in the CBB subforum. Any of the BLP customers are welcome to contact me if they see any discrepancies between what they get and what is reported in that thread.
I agree with Samo's general premise. You have reported Fezzik's results by the "letter of the law" (for lack of a better term) but in practice you are playing a role for Fezzik that greatly aids his ability to dupe his clients by allowing him to be associated with your name.

He of course will never mention your disclaimer when he refers to the record you quote for him and it's just not reasonable to expect anyone who reads it to investigate further to see if it was generated in an honest way or not (and even if they tried is would be pretty much impossible for them to figure that out).

The end result is just that the average guy who reads his post will simply come away with the idea that an honest record keeper is reporting good results for him when in fact his results have been much worse. Never mind the potential harm it causes to your own reputation being associated with a scammer.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:11 PM
Friend of RTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualCzech View Post
I agree with Samo's general premise. You have reported Fezzik's results by the "letter of the law" (for lack of a better term) but in practice you are playing a role for Fezzik that greatly aids his ability to dupe his clients by allowing him to be associated with your name.

He of course will never mention your disclaimer when he refers to the record you quote for him and it's just not reasonable to expect anyone who reads it to investigate further to see if it was generated in an honest way or not (and even if they tried is would be pretty much impossible for them to figure that out).

The end result is just that the average guy who reads his post will simply come away with the idea that an honest record keeper is reporting good results for him when in fact his results have been much worse. Never mind the potential harm it causes to your own reputation being associated with a scammer.
I disagree. I've made it clear the limitations of the compiled record. Anyone who just reads a self-serving post from Fezzik that references a record I've posted with no further investigation deserves whatever he gets.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I disagree. I've made it clear the limitations of the compiled record. Anyone who just reads a self-serving post from Fezzik that references a record I've posted with no further investigation deserves whatever he gets.
"Anyone who just reads a self-serving post from Fezzik that references a record I've posted with no further investigation deserves whatever he gets."

I respectfully disagree.

Up until now as far as I know one could look at any record you compiled on anyone and accept it as being accurate without needing further investigation.
"ComptrBob" is often referred to in posts as being an example of trusted and accurate record keeping.

So the Fezzik record is precedential in that regard, as in this case you - a highly credible record compiler with a history of being accurate and unbiased - are providing the record of past posted plays. And no one can have any doubts that the record is being fudged on a daily basis before you get it.

Fezzik can now go on radio/internet podcasts/forums and state that "ComptrBob has me at +17 units" and anyone who has followed your recordkeeping in the past would accept it without feeling a need for further investigation - anymore than it's ever been necessary to investigate further your record keeping of Sports Memo touts and others.

He can appear on ESPN radio and mention the units you've compiled and in 10 seconds reach (I imagine) hundreds of thousands - perhaps millions - more people than will ever read this thread or even ever know that this thread exists and thus will never be aware of the disclaimer.

Last edited by Samo; 11-18-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:12 PM
Bet Like a Real Fucking Pro

Quote:
The part that I strongly disagree with is that you say "any BLAP subscriber is free to disagree with any part of the record," but you're obviously aware that RJ Bell deletes plenty of critical references to Fezzik's record. I've seen exactly two posters claim to be BLAP subscribers, one is an obvious shill (Totallytickets), the other is Chazz32, who's already mentioned not receiving winning BLAP bets and got no response.

The most obvious example is that there are numerous problems with Fezzik's Pregame record on the $25 picks, to which far more people have access than the BLAP plays, but no one is pointing out those errors and Pregame isn't correcting them. I attempted to correct those errors and got banned after my first post.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:59 PM
Friend of RTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samo View Post
"Anyone who just reads a self-serving post from Fezzik that references a record I've posted with no further investigation deserves whatever he gets."

I respectfully disagree.

Up until now as far as I know one could look at any record you compiled on anyone and accept it as being accurate without needing further investigation.
"ComptrBob" is often referred to in posts as being an example of trusted and accurate record keeping.

So the Fezzik record is precedential in that regard, as in this case you - a highly credible record compiler with a history of being accurate and unbiased - are providing the record of past posted plays. And no one can have any doubts that the record is being fudged on a daily basis before you get it.

Fezzik can now go on radio/internet podcasts/forums and state that "ComptrBob has me at +17 units" and anyone who has followed your recordkeeping in the past would accept it without feeling a need for further investigation - anymore than it's ever been necessary to investigate further your record keeping of Sports Memo touts and others.

He can appear on ESPN radio and mention the units you've compiled and in 10 seconds reach (I imagine) hundreds of thousands - perhaps millions - more people than will ever read this thread or even ever know that this thread exists and thus will never be aware of the disclaimer.
I respectfully disagree along with Samo, PC, and Groovin'.

By the attitude in your post, why bother keeping records? The information is there for people to see, so shouldn't they be able to figure it out on their own, or hey it's their own fault for following a scam artist? Presumably the reason you want to keep accurate records (and have done so for what, a decade?) of internet posters is to expose frauds and try to SAVE people from losing their house following some loser. This is certainly a commendable effort that I think we all appreciate even if it at best it is of no help to us and at worst actually hurts us.

To then take the attitude that compiling an illegitimate, fraudulent record that helps one of these snake oil salesmen is buyer beware is either naive, disingenuous, or both.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:23 PM
Banned

Outstanding record. Not quite 55% but little doubt Fez is doing great work for his clients.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:48 PM

How many months has it been free now?
Old 11-29-2013, 10:27 PM
Marmalade, I like marmalade ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrod View Post
How many months has it been free now?
We'll get back to you about half way through December to let you know if it's "FREE" or "$200."
Old 11-30-2013, 04:26 AM
Bet Like a Real Fucking Pro

Fezzik claims it's been free since April since he's been treading water since then. He sure has lots of happy subscribers, the only person who posts who claims to be a BLAP subscriber is Chazz something or other, and he's mentioned not having received several winning bets and has mentioned all of his losses following BLAP. Fezzik seems to find it amusing, posting "My goal is to just get one positive post out of Chazz." Gee, when you charge people $1000 and tread water while using all sorts of soft low limit prop and quarter lines, release live plays at who knows what lines, and past post the plays, no surprise that the followers won't be winning.

And, of course, there's plenty of evidence the BLAP record is fabricated.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Friend of RTP

Default November 2013

November: W/L/T 104-80-5, 56.52%, +23.95u

Record since April 1: W/L/T 404-361-14, 52.81%, +3.42u

Overall posted picks: W/L/T 560-470-17, 54.37%, +38.595u, 1535.413u risked, 2.51% ROI

NFL: 149-123-11, 54.8%, 12.33u
CFB: 113-107-3, 51.4%, -13.20u