Roughing the Punter

Go Back   Roughing the Punter > Main Forums > The Ledger

Old 10-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Bet Like a Real Fucking Pro

Not only did they cherry pick the starting point, but they almost certainly fabricated the big win when BLAP first started since his BLAP Super Bowl picks didn't match his LVA Super Bowl picks (LVA 3-3 and no OT -1.6u, BLAP 3-0 and no OT +5.3u), and Johnny Detroit and Fezzik gave completely different stories as to why the records didn't match.

Ignoring that fabricated head start he's losing, and yeah, it's amazing that he still can't win using every tout trick in the book.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptrBob View Post
Lots of quarter and half bets
Surely these bets don't meet the requirement of available at 3 of their listed books. Has no one pointed this out to them or have they just abandoned this rule.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Friend of RTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualCzech View Post
Surely these bets don't meet the requirement of available at 3 of their listed books. Has no one pointed this out to them or have they just abandoned this rule.
Yeah, I'm still not banned at Pregame so I've pointed out several problems with the past-post result thread like four 1Q and 3Q bets that were all winners but had no line or ML. I've asked if they were all PK -110. Fez answered that he didn't put in the ML because they all won!

Another criticism I had was grading 6 point NFL teasers at -110 eliminates (almost) all Nevada outs. Fez agrees.

A few other facts, 6 of the 9 months now have been with negative units. If the "minimum 5 unit profit" rule hadn't been in place, the Breakeven bet per play since inception would have $496.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I'm still not banned at Pregame so I've pointed out several problems with the past-post result thread like four 1Q and 3Q bets that were all winners but had no line or ML. I've asked if they were all PK -110. Fez answered that he didn't put in the ML because they all won!

Another criticism I had was grading 6 point NFL teasers at -110 eliminates (almost) all Nevada outs. Fez agrees.

A few other facts, 6 of the 9 months now have been with negative units. If the "minimum 5 unit profit" rule hadn't been in place, the Breakeven bet per play since inception would have $496.
I remember your 1st post over there. It seemed to me that JD "rolled out the red carpet". It also seem's Fez responds to your question's promptly. Maybe I am off base but I think you are the last guy they want to see posting.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Friend of RTP

Default October 2013

October: W/L/T 81-72-1, 52.94%, -1.30u

Record since April 1: W/L/T 289-272-9, 51.51%, -18.98u

Overall posted picks: W/L/T 445-381-12, 53.87%, +16.195u, 1238.285u risked, 1.31% ROI

NFL: 98-88-4, 52.7%, -7.33u
CFB: 74-78-2, 48.7%, -20.90u
Old 11-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Marmalade, I like marmalade ...

Quote:
October: W/L/T 81-72-1, 52.94%, -1.30u

Record since April 1: W/L/T 289-272-9, 51.51%, -18.98u

Overall posted picks: W/L/T 445-381-12, 53.87%, +16.195u, 1238.285u risked, 1.31% ROI

NFL: 98-88-4, 52.7%, -7.33u
CFB: 74-78-2, 48.7%, -20.90u
Isn't the actual record more like 45%? Or maybe even less?
Old 11-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Friend of RTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaperone View Post
Isn't the actual record more like 45%? Or maybe even less?
Its impossible to know what the actual record is without having access to the entire set of texted plays as they occurred. I doubt that it is as bad as 45%. This record is taken from the past-posted pregame.com log which was initially posted by "Johnny Detroit" and later by Fezzik.

And of course, this record doesn't include the $25 "plays for purchase" or the "free plays". Nor does it include his LVH Contest plays (16-22-2) unless explicitly also played in BLAP.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:22 AM

"mobig wins
mobig wins
All Pro
Top 75 Contributor

Add Friend | Follow
Posted
on Sun, Nov 17 2013 4:08 PM

whats your ytd on pregame

Fezzik
Fezzik
All Pro
Top 500 Contributor

Add Friend | Follow
Posted
on Sun, Nov 17 2013 4:13 PM

Computer Bob had me I think +17 units on all Bet Like A Pro Plays YTD........."

ComptrBob - I don't mean the following as a criticism of you personally in any way. You are doing your usual excellent job of tracking the material available to you.

But I wonder if it's worth tracking BLAP. You have credibility, and Fezzik is using you in a sense as he mentions above the +17 units and that fact that you compiled it instead of Pregame makes the record seem legitimate - at least to those who know anything about you but haven't been following this thread and your clarifications in it of the problems you have .
Such as "Its impossible to know what the actual record is without having access to the entire set of texted plays as they occurred. I doubt that it is as bad as 45%. This record is taken from the past-posted pregame.com log which was initially posted by "Johnny Detroit" and later by Fezzik."

And again, it IS legitimate as as far as your work is concerned.

But every day I read of so much fudging, tricks, games, plays that are first not BLAP and then they are BLAP when they win, assigning plays to BLAP based on how they're doing after the 1st hour of the game, etc., etc., that I wonder if this is the best use of your excellent record keeping.

And he's also cherry picking your stats (of course), mentioning +17 units but not mentioning (of course) 1.31% ROI.

Again, not criticizing you personally in any way.

Now if Pregame/Fezzik agreed to get you the plays within 10 minutes after the game starts or something like that...
but we all know that will never happen.

Last edited by Samo; 11-18-2013 at 12:46 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Marmalade, I like marmalade ...

I still think the real record with all picks vs WA lines would be <45%. As a handicapper, Fezzik has been comically awful for years now.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:22 AM
Friend of RTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samo View Post
Computer Bob had me I think +17 units on all Bet Like A Pro Plays YTD........."

ComptrBob - I don't mean the following as a criticism of you personally in any way. You are doing your usual excellent job of tracking the material available to you.

But I wonder if it's worth tracking BLAP. You have credibility, and Fezzik is using you in a sense as he mentions above the +17 units and that fact that you compiled it instead of Pregame makes the record seem legitimate - at least to those who know anything about you but haven't been following this thread and your clarifications in it of the problems you have .
Such as "Its impossible to know what the actual record is without having access to the entire set of texted plays as they occurred. I doubt that it is as bad as 45%. This record is taken from the past-posted pregame.com log which was initially posted by "Johnny Detroit" and later by Fezzik."

And again, it IS legitimate as as far as your work is concerned.

But every day I read of so much fudging, tricks, games, plays that are first not BLAP and then they are BLAP when they win, assigning plays to BLAP based on how they're doing after the 1st hour of the game, etc., etc., that I wonder if this is the best use of your excellent record keeping.

And he's also cherry picking your stats (of course), mentioning +17 units but not mentioning (of course) 1.31% ROI.

Again, not criticizing you personally in any way.

Now if Pregame/Fezzik agreed to get you the plays within 10 minutes after the game starts or something like that...
but we all know that will never happen.
Yes, any information I give about the BLAP record is subject to garbage in, garbage out. I think my records can provide a reality check on really wild claims when/if they are made.

I posted a response at Pregame with the following disclaimer:

I am not getting the BLP plays in advance so I cannot vouch for whether they are actually accurate, a complete set, or widely available per BLP rules. These are simply a compilation of the plays set forth in the BLP update thread in the CBB subforum. Any of the BLP customers are welcome to contact me if they see any discrepancies between what they get and what is reported in that thread.