Roughing the Punter

Go Back   Roughing the Punter > Main Forums > General Forum

Old 08-26-2016, 06:42 AM

Default "Contrarian Investments" Mutual fund

No surprise to see yet another hustler. But one would think even the retard Vegas local reporters would understand this is a scam -- rather than promote it and help the guy find more marks. Even includes a link for "investors" to send their $5k.

Reads like an Onion article.

http://news3lv.com/news/local/sports...t-in-his-skill
Old 08-26-2016, 09:19 AM

As strict as Nevada gaming regulators are on their licensees and "protecting the integrity of gaming in Nevada", you would think they would use a little more scrutiny before approving these scam artists to run fraud tout scams under the cover of Entity Wagering Funds.

No even semi-professional bettor would take this guy seriously. Risking 5.5% per bet, touting his +19.5% record after whole 6 plays. C'mon man. He's got a history posting on pregame.com admitting to betting nickels and dimes into illegal bookies but suddenly he's allowed to run a approved Betting Entity in the state handling tens of thousands of other peoples dollars?

Its going to be ugly when one of these things folds up shop and skips town with investors cash and people point the finger at the state and say "You let this happen, you approved this guy".

Last edited by gambleballs; 08-26-2016 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:40 AM

I don't understand the motive behind CGT and Entity Wagering. If it was truly about increasing volume CGT would not reject most of my action.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman View Post
I don't understand the motive behind CGT and Entity Wagering. If it was truly about increasing volume CGT would not reject most of my action.
I'm guessing CG understands most of these Entities are just coin flippers fleecing their investors on winning months and they probably welcome the action v/s actual sharps who wouldn't need any outside backing if they are actually winners.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:06 PM

One of these operations, Nevada Sports Investment Group LP, actually lists Jeffrey Keim as "Fund Advisor & LP KMSAG, LP." For anybody unaware, this guy is one of the slimiest touts out there, who once deleted a pair of losing picks with the explanation his two year old son grabbed his phone at dinner at submitted the plays. You can check his twitter for more lowlights, but seeing him involved in this burgeoning industry is a sure sign to stay far away.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:05 AM

http://www.legalsportsreport.com/120...r-information/

"The SEC’s emphasis on advertisements and marketing materials could indicate a concern that investors in entity funds were somehow misled by funds themselves."

Imagine that
Old 11-10-2016, 12:37 PM

When these first came out I was interested to see if there was a loophole to pay capital gains taxes instead of earned income if me and my wife were the only two investors. But since CG is the only place that does them I didn't bother. These look like a major pain in the ass to manage.

Last edited by Packman; 11-10-2016 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 12:57 AM

"Estimates put the total amount of investment dollars in the entity wagering industry around $2 million, and the total number of investors in the low hundreds."

Seriously?!? Wow. That's about $1.9mil more than I would have estimated.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:59 PM
Career Jerkoff, Gambling Guru and/or Dipshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack View Post
"Estimates put the total amount of investment dollars in the entity wagering industry around $2 million, and the total number of investors in the low hundreds."

Seriously?!? Wow. That's about $1.9mil more than I would have estimated.
1.99999 more than I would expect. Cantor is about the creepiest outlet there is. Made the fewest number of bets there than any book I have ever bet at. These people are under so much scrutiny you might get an SAR just for accidentally making 2 identical $8 wagers.

Did you ever work with billy walters?

Keep in mind this place is full of nazi's, commies, atheists, ultra-liberal douchebags and generally folks whose self perceived level of enlightenment emits an odor so foul that you have to be thankful this is just the interwebs. Therefore, it is only natural that most folks here don't like me.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:21 AM
Friend of RTP

Creepy may be the correct description. Forget all the nonsense they've been caught and fined for. Even forget what they never had to fully answer for, like the employee theft of large sums from player accounts including 10K from mine. How about the fact that they refuse bets at the window from many bettors and tell them they have to bet via the app only?

Let's see - why would they do that? Maybe so they can refuse bets without having to look the player in the face. Cutter, I know creeps like this have a special place in your heart so a little surprised you haven't gone full guerrilla on them yet and show them what one dedicated man and a bankroll can do.

On the positive side. You can now get drink tickets at the Palms for a $200 bet.