Roughing the Punter

Go Back   Roughing the Punter > Main Forums > General Forum

Old 03-03-2016, 04:53 PM

"And that was a race that I backed Mitt Romney. I backed him," Trump said. "You can see how loyal he is. He was begging for my endorsement. I could have said, Mitt, drop to your knees. He would have dropped to his knees. He was begging. True. True. He was begging me."

The Republican party has now become the party of latent homosexuality. Put together an overzealous, warped version of Christianity with a few cheeseburgers. Who would be part of that?

Ummm ... hold on a minute here ...
"it all goes back to my strong streak of social justice, and the principles of fairness. its why i often do things not in my own best interest, such as returning overpayments, telling of promotions on VBJ, not in my best interests but simply cause its right to do. not sure why others arent more like me."

Tony Bigcharles Aug 6, 2014
Old 03-03-2016, 06:41 PM
Career Jerkoff, Gambling Guru and/or Dipshit

Get your popcorn ready.

My party doesn't like change... Despite more of the base becoming anti-bush, anti-romney... Pro constitution, pro change, pro flexibility on social issues. Hardcore stance on deficit spending. Hardcore stance on illegal immigration.

Do you know that I am stuck in this country? Yup.

Keep in mind this place is full of nazi's, commies, atheists, ultra-liberal douchebags and generally folks whose self perceived level of enlightenment emits an odor so foul that you have to be thankful this is just the interwebs. Therefore, it is only natural that most folks here don't like me.

Last edited by Cutter; 03-03-2016 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaperone View Post
Poor Cutter. Looks like some inner turmoil in your party buddy!
It's been happening for 3 decades. The party is obviously very broad. The older GOP won't let go.

It doesn't matter. It is what it is. Some assholes want to get in Congress and increase spending. I don't see this as a reflection on the base but maybe the obsoleteness of such a party system. The things in common get fewer every year. And limited government was generally the agreed upon concept. But that has slipped the minds of current sitting house and Senate members.

It is what it is.

I wish we could all be like Bernie. "These are my values, as fucked as they are, you vote for me you get me".

Anyway... I added to this thread because I think biden is worth a shot for president. Call it my really long shot. A few things have to happen but looks more promising. Bernie staying in this till the end. FBI meeting soon with Hillary. Superdelegate alliances could change who knows. I still like Bernie to gain ground but won't win enough delagates. A while back some hooker was touting a Biden theory and now I see what she means. I could believe that Obama wants Biden to be next president. And time growing shorter now. If FBI turns up anything and machine goes against Hillary .... Then her theory is complete.

Not the same crew that called for Steelers to win it all. Different.

I will owe dinners if Trump loses to Hillary. I already lost pizza on Bernie I think.

Keep in mind this place is full of nazi's, commies, atheists, ultra-liberal douchebags and generally folks whose self perceived level of enlightenment emits an odor so foul that you have to be thankful this is just the interwebs. Therefore, it is only natural that most folks here don't like me.

Last edited by Cutter; 03-30-2016 at 11:58 PM.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:24 PM
Friend of RTP

If Obama (admin) wanted Biden to be president, he would already be well on his way to the nom...
Old 04-01-2016, 05:46 PM

The odds on Trump are way way down. I feel like he's a dog to get the nomination now. I udnerstand Betfair has him as a slight favorite but he was a BIG favorite before. He's going to lose Wisconsin and I think he'll be a dog after that. Nate Silver has a great write up today on all the ways he coudl not get nomination. Trump needs to get it first ballot and I think by the time California rolls around he won't win that state which definitely means no first ballot.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David M View Post
The odds on Trump are way way down. I feel like he's a dog to get the nomination now. I udnerstand Betfair has him as a slight favorite but he was a BIG favorite before. He's going to lose Wisconsin and I think he'll be a dog after that. Nate Silver has a great write up today on all the ways he coudl not get nomination. Trump needs to get it first ballot and I think by the time California rolls around he won't win that state which definitely means no first ballot.
He only needs 55% of remaining. The only reason he is a toss up (funny spell check put in tosser) is that they believe he has little chance after the first ballot. Again with just 110 second balloteers seated already, it's hard to know who is going to be there besides prebus and the 2 folks from every primary/caucus region. Prebus is a fucking cunt. Under current rules only Trump or Cruz is eligible to be on 2nd ballot. Hmm get your popcorn ready. Don't expect establishment to be even close to 50% of delagates for 2nd balloting. Which leaves a 3 way conflict still. Cruz. Trump and those that like neither.

Bet yes on no first ballot then. But it takes a few more things for a non Trump/Cruz outcome.

Who is nate silver? Does he make those in game things on ESPN. Like the lion's have 99.9% chance of winning?

Last edited by Cutter; 04-01-2016 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:44 PM

When it comes to sex.... We need a candidate that is friendly regarding outsourcing.

Old 04-26-2016, 03:50 PM

I expect that within a few hours both Clinton and Trump will be the presumptive nominees. Despite the fact that Clinton may have wrapped things up awhile ago and the hopes of a brokered convention. It just ain't gonna happen.

More after I eat my chicken wings...

Both carry an unfavorable rating of higher than 50%. Trumps bashing of the system that will work in his favor in both the primary and general is ironic, if that's the proper term. If he wins the general it will not be because he received more votes.

Feelings and polls will look different in July. Interesting to see this game play out with such hated nominees.

Last edited by Cutter; 04-26-2016 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:09 AM

Saying that they will be the presumptive nominees isn't really saying anything at all. Clinton has it in the bag. Trump needs Indiana but he's favored there. He'll have Bobby Knight campaigning for him which is a good person to have. Cruz's play of announcing Fiorina as running mate is an interesting one. He'll get some of that free press that Trump has thrived upon.

Clinton and Trump are my personal favorites for each party so I hope that's the result but Trump has to fight a GOP establishment that is opposed to him. It's rare, perhaps unheard of, for a party's brass to be so vocally and publicly opposed to their front-runner. This election season is new territory in many ways.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:21 AM

Carly is running with Cruz?

I just woke up.

Anyway yes it's a strange election animal this year.

I have no worries about trumpband the rest of the GOP. It's not like people were solely brought into the party because of him. Most were already GOP. Like myself. Although he gets good crossover.

And the fact that the GOP base can finally put aside social issues for once and focus on the bigger concerns is a positive. Ron Paul did a good job at filling the party with socially liberal or neutral supporters.