Roughing the Punter

Go Back   Roughing the Punter > Main Forums > General Forum

Old 08-05-2013, 09:21 AM
Agendaless Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimie View Post
From today's Buffalo News:

"For most Bills fans, I imagine, this was a blessing in disguise. Getting Kolb out of the way could only hasten the process and nudge Marrone to make the inevitable call: Give the starting job to the prize first-round pick, the franchise guy, and let the future begin.

Manuel got all the first-team snaps in team drills. An enthusiastic crowd watched from the stands at the grass field inside the Fisher track. It was EJ’s time to shine … and he was terrible.

It was Manuel’s worst day of camp. On a windy afternoon, against Mike Pettine’s attacking first-team defense, Manuel was intercepted three times. He looked like a raw rookie on the last one, locking his eyes on tight end Lee Smith and throwing the ball right into the arms of rookie linebacker Kiko Alonso.

“The production end I agree with,” Marrone said when told it was not one of Manuel’s better days. “But today was a great day for him. He did a lot of third down. Early on, I said we were going to progress him against all the looks. Obviously now, with Kevin not being there to practice, we’re throwing him in there."

Buffalo News
Good lord.

I know non-Kool Aid sipping people who have taken to referring to EJ Manuel as "Please Trade" Manuel.

I can't wait to send them this article.

Thanks for the update.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Agendaless Misanthrope

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...haniel-hackett

"The great thing now is that we have some awesome weapons on the outside [at wide receiver], if you do want to stop [Spiller]," [offensive coordinator Nathaniel] Hackett said.”

Huh? Is Hackett referring to BUF’s stable of No. 2 and No. 4 receivers?

“Hackett, 33, is in his first season as an NFL coordinator, having previously served under Bills coach Doug Marrone at Syracuse. The Bills are adopting an up-tempo, no-huddle offense that Hackett installed at Syracuse.”

This is not going to go well.

But, know now that you should at least draft Spiller for your fantasy team……and then trade him by Week 8.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:08 PM
No data to back it up

Hackett, 33, is in his first season as an NFL coordinator, having previously served under Bills coach Doug Marrone at Syracuse. The Bills are adopting an up-tempo, no-huddle offense that Hackett installed at Syracuse.

Fezzik's WK 1 under 52.5 to the world suddenly not as good as advertised....
Old 08-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Agendaless Misanthrope

Quote:
Hackett, 33, is in his first season as an NFL coordinator, having previously served under Bills coach Doug Marrone at Syracuse. The Bills are adopting an up-tempo, no-huddle offense that Hackett installed at Syracuse.

Fezzik's WK 1 under 52.5 to the world suddenly not as good as advertised....
Ha! If that u52.5 loses it will more likely be because NE puts up 52 alone against a GARBAGE BUF defense whose likely best player, Jarrius Byrd, has been holding out.

BUF's D was so awful last year and Buddy Nix still drafts EJ Manuel No. 16 and hires the offensive minded Marrone.

And then Nix steps down.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:33 PM
No data to back it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cizzle View Post
Ha! If that u52.5 loses it will more likely be because NE puts up 52 alone against a GARBAGE BUF defense whose likely best player, Jarrius Byrd, has been holding out.

BUF's D was so awful last year and Buddy Nix still drafts EJ Manuel No. 16 and hires the offensive minded Marrone.

And then Nix steps down.

I seriously doubt Fezzik knew the Bills were implementing a hurry up offense..they
certainly didn't look like a under team today. I'm waiting for the double unit on
the over on Saturday morning due to 'new' information'....
Old 08-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Still hasn't noticed the typo in his sig

Gushing review of Manuel's entire first half, with 21 passes.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=330811011

It in Oakland. Not is typo.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:27 AM
Agendaless Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillysWater View Post
Gushing review of Manuel's entire first half, with 21 passes.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=330811011
I love it.

I also loved how Irsay was so torqued about Manuel and Bills blowing them up that he publically called out the IND coaching staff via Twitter.

Hilarious.

I've got some WNY contacts who have still taken to referring to "EJ" Manuel as "Please Trade" Manuel.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:33 AM
No data to back it up

It looks like Tuel time for the opener......Fezzik under might survive
after all.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:39 AM
Agendaless Misanthrope

Quote:
It looks like Tuel time for the opener......
It's beyond funny.

And, ESPN's headline blurb for the Stephon Gilmore injury is "Top CB out." Gilmore is already BUF's "top CB?"

In response to the Tuel Time news, I buddy of mine said:

"BUF just took the lead in the Clowney sweepstakes. Too bad BUF's D-Line is the only respectable part of the team."
Old 08-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Still hasn't noticed the typo in his sig

Bills get lots of competition from Raiders in that sweepstakes.

It in Oakland. Not is typo.