Roughing the Punter

Go Back   Roughing the Punter > Main Forums > General Forum

Old 02-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Friend of RTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollerskates View Post
So basically you got raped.. twice..

Well, that explains the constant hating on gays..
This isn't a laughing matter- anyone that has been through something like that unwillingly should be shown compassion, not mocked.

I had an experience in a 3rd world country where a guy tried to drug me, but thankfully I was already suspicious of him and managed to remove myself from the situation before it kicked in.

I'm not saying this in any way gives someone a right to hate gays as it would have had no effect on my views other than some humans are scum, but this guy needs therapy not a berating.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Banned

He needs therapy for quite a few things. He doesn't WANT it though. One time he went to consuling for his gambling addiction, but he only went to scam one of his ex-friends for a care package. Thne he stopped going after he got the free stuff.

And he has been institutionalized in the past. Which probably isn't a bad idea for him now. He IS mentally ill and that way he doesn't have to work.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Banned

Oh, and the TBC doesn't deserve compassion from anyone.

He's a low-life and a criminal. He's has a felony conviction for armed robbery. If he got raped as a result of that then he fully deserves it.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDekar View Post
This isn't a laughing matter- anyone that has been through something like that unwillingly should be shown compassion, not mocked.
This
Old 02-26-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Oh, and the TBC doesn't deserve compassion from anyone.

He's a low-life and a criminal. He's has a felony conviction for armed robbery. If he got raped as a result of that then he fully deserves it.
totally untrue, and has been stated numerous times in the blog. had no weapon, and was only charged with attempted robbery. never intended to steal a thing, just made the lady working there THINK i was going to. lots of people had crimes on their record 20-25 yrs ago when they were 18-21, nothing unusual there. never since.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:18 PM
Banned

Doesn't matter. Pretending to have a weapon in a robbery still gets you charged with armed robbery. I saw a public court record regarding that incident once, and I could've sworn it said you were charged with armed robbery and you were convicted. I can't find it now though, but you're more then welcome to find it and link it to prove me wrong.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Banned

I didn't find the robbery one yet, but I did find this:

http://www.tmc-clerk.com/caseinforma...c/Default.aspx

Search for the last name "bigcharles"

This sicko has convictions for public indecency and passing bad checks, and on top of that never paid the fine. It says on one of the pages there that he still owes $366 and that the amount's been sent to collections.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevencard2003 View Post
Cutter was wrong about betting $5 off the top one spot, and ... going from $5 to $10 is, only spreading 2 units, not a wide enough spread.

i think much better is 3 spots of $1 or $2 off new shoes.

i dont need $5 per hour, id be happy growing the roll $20 a day
Due to risk, the certainty equivalent is less than the expected value. You probably have expenses of around $20-$30 per day (room, phone, medical, food, laundry, clothes). To cover expenses, weather downturns, and build the bankroll, you need at least $5 per hour. No card counter makes even 1%. So your average bet must be higher than $10 to make enough money at 50 hands per hour.

I don't see why Cutter would recommend betting more than minimum in a negative situation. Maybe Cutter assumes the machine is positive off-the-top if you include comps. You still haven't said how you determine the bets based on the count. I recommend betting proportional to your advantage. If you include comps, that is roughly proportional to the truecount. If you don't include comps and roughly approximate one deck of penetration then you should bet proportionate to (running count-3). For example, you could bet Max[$1,$4*(running count-3)]. On the last round you should bet 50%-60% extra, spread over multiple hands to reduce risk.

I can relate to someone with Asperger's like Bob Fischer wanting to use his talent at his passion of blackjack. But TBC didn't know the name of his Hi-Opt I counting system, doesn't truecount, and relies on Cutter for advice. What is the attraction of these machines?
Old 02-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Bet Like a Real Fucking Pro

His real name is Tony Bigcharles? I thought "Bigcharles" was a nickname for "Big Charles."

EDIT: The Googles tell me that his real name is Tony Bigcharles. I had no idea.

Last edited by GroovinMahoovinPartDeux; 02-26-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
I didn't find the robbery one yet, but I did find this:

http://www.tmc-clerk.com/caseinforma...c/Default.aspx

Search for the last name "bigcharles"

This sicko has convictions for public indecency and passing bad checks, and on top of that never paid the fine. It says on one of the pages there that he still owes $366 and that the amount's been sent to collections.
why should it matter? i was a young kid, legally an adult, but still under age 21. it was over 20-25 yrs ago so who cares? at least i never spent time in prison instead of jail like a lot of the members of this forum have. im sure most of u have done far worse than being seen outside nude as a young student.