Roughing the Punter

Go Back   Roughing the Punter > Main Forums > General Forum

Old 03-10-2017, 03:36 AM

yea because no one dies in cars driven by people...
Old 03-10-2017, 05:21 AM
Marmalade, I like marmalade ...

The robot doesn't need coffee obv.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:22 AM

No, but a vehicular robotic passenger........I see great potential here.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:12 PM
Career Jerkoff, Gambling Guru and/or Dipshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2w2p2s View Post
No, but a vehicular robotic passenger........I see great potential here.
Then chap can receive road head.

The Russians can hack the car and kill who they want to kill?

Autonomous cars won't happen. And by car I mean personal vehicle that must interact with roads, people, other vehicles, animals, weather, and can drive smooth enough not to make you nausious. It's one damn bright idea, if the real world wasn't in the way. Like those Ying Yang's storing records on their cell phones only to lose the phone with no backup. Or the million other ways that we try to let technology replace effectiveness.

Keep in mind this place is full of nazi's, commies, atheists, ultra-liberal douchebags and generally folks whose self perceived level of enlightenment emits an odor so foul that you have to be thankful this is just the interwebs. Therefore, it is only natural that most folks here don't like me.

Last edited by Cutter; 03-10-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:23 AM
Moderator-LVA Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter View Post

2. Within 100 years live births will be far fewer than today in all industrialized nations. Unindustrialized nations see no change.
But this is already happening and the trend will just continue. As countries become more developed, birth rates fall, ultimately to below replacement level. Brazil, Indonesia, and India are current examples of developing countries with plummeting birth rates. The "overpopulation scare" is, and has always been since the days of Malthus, merely a myth.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVHCM1 View Post
But this is already happening and the trend will just continue. As countries become more developed, birth rates fall, ultimately to below replacement level. Brazil, Indonesia, and India are current examples of developing countries with plummeting birth rates. The "overpopulation scare" is, and has always been since the days of Malthus, merely a myth.

Population is too large. Not a myth.

Life today is Darwinism in reverse.

Idiocracy will be reality. We are getting less genetically fit as time goes on. The only thing that can stop it is if we got rid of the entire medical field or maybe lived like it was 1000 years ago right now. The rock has been set in motion. The future is not a Rosy place. We all die and in fighting for longer life we actually eliminate the species. Really simple. I don't have a dog in the fight, I am part of the last of the healthy. And I won't live long enough to make a difference. The youth should be trying to shut down hospitals or something. In 500 years, no people.

Peace fuckers!

Keep in mind this place is full of nazi's, commies, atheists, ultra-liberal douchebags and generally folks whose self perceived level of enlightenment emits an odor so foul that you have to be thankful this is just the interwebs. Therefore, it is only natural that most folks here don't like me.

Last edited by Cutter; 03-13-2017 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:43 PM

Don't trust anyone over 70
Old 03-14-2017, 08:34 PM

I'd disagree that the youth should try to shut down hospitals. But Cutter probly gets a B here. His dystopian future could be the new Hunger Games franchise.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabjazz View Post
I'd disagree that the youth should try to shut down hospitals. But Cutter probly gets a B here. His dystopian future could be the new Hunger Games franchise.
I won't be around.

One man's dystopia is another man's pleasure.

B is a very generous early grade. Depending on how ObamaCare goes this prediction may come sooner than later.

I mean it's in the best interest of our species to let idiots like me die instead of populate the planet with more idiots like me. And I think we can all agree with that.

It's a privilege to be alive. Maybe someone as cynical and with such lack of empathy as I feel I have doesn't deserve to be saved before the end of my breeding age. Empathy, something I think people define as one of the differences between humans and animals. Lately that balance is becoming far more comfortable to be a cynical observer. An animal waiting to eat, sleep, drink, gamble, piss, shit, and maybe even a fuck now and then.

But the dystopia is the future reality. Nothing lasts forever. Evolution peaked. Is this state called de-evolution, devolution, or reverse Darwinism? Or is it just evolution with an unnatural elimate to it that makes the less efficient form more favorable by artificial means. It's ironic, how someone that believes in God, has such strong feelings of Darwinism. Maybe? I always say the two ideas are not mutually exclusive.

You can see why my professors probably stopped reading my garbage. And rubber stamped the C+ I deserved for my analysis, thesis, or postmortem.

Last edited by Cutter; 03-15-2017 at 12:11 AM.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
The NFL... Fewer plays and more injuries. Increasing cost of player salaries. My guess is that something is fucked up, big league.
How do we know injury rates are going up? Most likely because it's the answer you found when you stuck your head up your ass

(From Football Outsiders: if we look just at team released injury reports we often see a negative correlation between reported injuries and games missed due to injury.)