Roughing the Punter

Go Back   Roughing the Punter > Main Forums > General Forum

Old 03-05-2017, 09:17 PM
Career Jerkoff, Gambling Guru and/or Dipshit

Default Future- Ed.

1. Colin kapernick, no longer capable of playing in the NFL will win a lawsuit against the 49ers that devalued himself as a commodity.

2. Within 100 years live births will be far fewer than today in all industrialized nations. Unindustrialized nations see no change.

3. Oceans drop several feet due to global cooling and general chemistry.

4. The Yankees will suck like nobody's business.

5. Gonzaga will be overseeded and still lose.

6. Katie Couric will be the subject of a criminal investigation for perpetrating a hoax for financial gain.

7. Alternate facts a very normal occurrence. Two people state similar facts with different underlying assumptions creating very different storylines to the same "fact". It's possible that fact and opinion will share the same status.

8. Mexico will have the world's best healthcare system when costs are a mitigating factor. Over 10 times the number of administrators to actual doctors in the US sinks the ship. Not that it would survive even of that ratio were cut in half.

9. Oj is released and becomes either a Nevada resident or kaytlin jenners boyfriend.

10. The world runs out of bandwidth to support the arts. The very things we use to store information becomes so cluttered with books, movies, and songs that a new database will have to be explored. And furthermore most titles will be inadvertantly the same as others.

That's a good start. I think I am moving to Mexico.

Keep in mind this place is full of nazi's, commies, atheists, ultra-liberal douchebags and generally folks whose self perceived level of enlightenment emits an odor so foul that you have to be thankful this is just the interwebs. Therefore, it is only natural that most folks here don't like me.

Last edited by Cutter; 03-05-2017 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:49 PM

Other interesting topics I am pondering, the future of violent sports, autonomous cars, and the NFL combine.

Keep in mind this place is full of nazi's, commies, atheists, ultra-liberal douchebags and generally folks whose self perceived level of enlightenment emits an odor so foul that you have to be thankful this is just the interwebs. Therefore, it is only natural that most folks here don't like me.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:02 PM

remember when that guy fell down running the 40 at the combine because his dick flopped out of his shorts?
Old 03-05-2017, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fubster View Post
remember when that guy fell down running the 40 at the combine because his dick flopped out of his shorts?
Congrats, if that was you. I would rather have a huge dick than a good 40 time.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:09 AM

One thing in the past is shocking and I never would have predicted it...

The behavior at protests and/or rallys. The fact that like nobody has been shot. Which also makes me wonder how much if these protests and or rallys are actually created by the news.

I guess a violent protest nowadays is when 3 people leave one other person bloodied up and maybe a broken bone or collapsed lung. Sure that is certainly violent. But where's all the mutha fukin bullets ? I mean do these people just show up for a street brawl, like premeditated shit?

I think i made up a little saying here... I don't want to fight, I don't need to run, if my life is really in danger I should just grab my gun.

I am just a bit miffed, maybe it's all fake news. Otherwise people be getting killed and such.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
1. Colin kapernick, no longer capable of playing in the NFL will win a lawsuit against the 49ers that devalued himself as a commodity.

2. Within 100 years live births will be far fewer than today in all industrialized nations. Unindustrialized nations see no change.

3. Oceans drop several feet due to global cooling and general chemistry.

4. The Yankees will suck like nobody's business.

5. Gonzaga will be overseeded and still lose.

6. Katie Couric will be the subject of a criminal investigation for perpetrating a hoax for financial gain.

7. Alternate facts a very normal occurrence. Two people state similar facts with different underlying assumptions creating very different storylines to the same "fact". It's possible that fact and opinion will share the same status.

8. Mexico will have the world's best healthcare system when costs are a mitigating factor. Over 10 times the number of administrators to actual doctors in the US sinks the ship. Not that it would survive even of that ratio were cut in half.

9. Oj is released and becomes either a Nevada resident or kaytlin jenners boyfriend.

10. The world runs out of bandwidth to support the arts. The very things we use to store information becomes so cluttered with books, movies, and songs that a new database will have to be explored. And furthermore most titles will be inadvertantly the same as others.

That's a good start. I think I am moving to Mexico.
I disagree with point 8.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyProfane View Post
I disagree with point 8.
So the other nine look possible? :)

Yeah we are in for a revolution in health insurance and health care. And I am uncertain which way this shit is going to go. But methinks we are fucked either way.

I keep hearing a public service announcement about the safest way to have your baby sleep. And I say to myself, how did 5 billion of us fuckers get here?

Old 03-06-2017, 05:21 PM

"Alternative Facts" is the answer you give when saying "suck my dick" won't go over very well, but your audience is too retarded to think for themselves

Kaepernick only needs to be one of the top 90 QBs past college to earn an NFL roster spot; he's definitely capable of that. After that, him actually playing will be decided by injuries and if the team he lands on has a good starting QB or a shitty one.

For 4 and 5 we'll now soon enough. Number two seems reasonable enough, but we'll always underestimate how much change will happen over a century. The rest are just complete horseshit.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:07 AM

Kap is done. His underlying capabilities are probably less than he has shown.

I would be surprised if just half of these come to fruition. But I was dead serious about our health as a species. And climate change.

Just read a new York times article, "if we are not animals, what are we". This idea has consumed me and I think I am having convergent thoughts with nyt writers now. Great, so I AM an asshole. Cause I know I am an animal.

Old 03-10-2017, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
Other interesting topics I am pondering, the future of violent sports, autonomous cars, and the NFL combine.
The NFL... Fewer plays and more injuries. Increasing cost of player salaries. My guess is that something is fucked up, big league.

Autonomous cars, while one can theoretically have a car drive you with navigation bar integrated technology. The reality is that unless you take away people's rights to the highway with anything else, there will be no such thing in our near or distant future. And since I am not giving up my right to it, there is no such cars in the future. Automated trains and planes, cars that drive on a street I am on, nope. Technological failures due to just about anything just puts too many lives in danger. The moral dillema notwithstanding. Do you hit the deer, do you drive off the road, or kill the pedestrian? All wurstions you will not have to worry about till at least I am dead. We are fortunate to get our firestick or cable to work without incident. No way future autonomous travel can be foolproof and 100% reliable. And then you got my dumb ass on the road. Our system are not compatible. The gentle fluid feedback movements of the unconscious human system have a long ways to go in the robotic world. Get a robot to hold a cup of coffee in a moving vehicle on a bumpy road. Right, it will never happen.

Last edited by Cutter; 03-10-2017 at 12:20 AM.