Roughing the Punter

Go Back   Roughing the Punter > Main Forums > The Chip Count

Old 01-04-2015, 06:37 PM

Default when is it optimally correct to run the cards more than once?

my initial thoughts are

1.) it's more optimally correct to run it 3x when you have a made hand or known favorite, when drawing or a dog you should expect to run it just 1x since burned cards diminish your chance of making a draw like a flush when you run it more than 1x

2.) it's more optimally correct to run it just 1x when house takeout are high

3.) consistently agreeing to running it more than 1x will reduce your fold equity as people will tend to call more knowing that their whole stack in not on jeopardy on any one card..

thoughts?

ps: why do everyone insinuate that i'm j7's beard/sidekick? why can't he be my beard/sidekick?
Old 01-11-2015, 08:04 PM
Moderator-The Chip Count

IMO you should always just run it once or twice, but never more. The reason not to run it more is that it takes dealers forever to figure out how to chop the pot, especially if anything weird happens, like chopping one of the runs. It's not worth the variance reduction to have such a huge delay. As to the question of whether to run it once or twice, just do what the other person wants to do. If he has no preference, run it twice. It's generally better to try to maintain a friendly atmosphere at the table. I guess if the other guy is a huge tool that you want to piss off, you could deny him running it twice even if he really wants to, but it's usually best to just play nice.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:10 AM

I always figured that you should only run it once if the variance of the game has no effect on you, but it could effect the play of your opponent. So, if you think losing a big all in will tilt him.

That being said, I always just tell my opponent we can run it however many time s he wants, because I'm such a nice guy.