Roughing the Punter

Go Back   Roughing the Punter > Main Forums > Edward Snowden / PRISM / NSA / Heathens and Shethens

Old 06-11-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Lindsay Mills, the woman reported to be the girlfriend of purported National Security Agency whistle-blower Edward Snowden, says she feels adrift without her 29-year-old boyfriend, whom she says abandoned her in Hawaii and fled to Hong Kong.

"My world has opened and closed all at once. Leaving me lost at sea without a compass," Mills, a 28-year-old professional pole dancer, wrote on her blog,
WTF? A politically correct term for stripper?
Old 06-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Friend of RTP

She could be a pole dancer in Cirque type shows- there are legitimate pole dancers out there.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Bet Like a Real Fucking Pro

Apparently pole dancing is also a popular form of exercise now, because I see Groupon-type offers for pole dancing classes once in a while.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2w2p2s View Post
Bahaha. Now it makes sense how the guy makes 200k a year and is tapped after being on the lam for a few weeks.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hecky View Post
Bahaha. Now it makes sense how the guy makes 200k a year and is tapped after being on the lam for a few weeks.
They may have frozen his bank accounts.

He stayed in a luxury hotel for weeks and ate all his meals via room service I assume (he didn't leave the room for weeks) so his credit cards could be maxing out.
(They may also be closing out his credit cards).
Old 06-11-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samo View Post
They may have frozen his bank accounts.

He stayed in a luxury hotel for weeks and ate all his meals via room service I assume (he didn't leave the room for weeks) so his credit cards could be maxing out.
(They may also be closing out his credit cards).
Yea, you're right. I was more tongue in cheek than anything. He seems a bit amaturish running out of money so quick before he gets his asylum attempt sorted out. I mean, he should easily known his assets would be frozen and turned it all into cash.

Who knows what the truth is.. He might have cash but just used up CCs first realizing his American credit will have no value going forward.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:52 PM

The administration quickly called in a favor from one of its pimps:

"He [Snowden] is... a grandiose narcissist who deserves to be in prison."

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...s-no-hero.html

It's heartening that the reader comments are about 95% anti-Toobin. Strongly anti-Toobin.

His (Toobin's) wife is a former Verizon executive, which he doesn't disclose.

Here's part of the background of CNN's legal anal-cyst:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...ticle-1.194924

Last edited by Samo; 06-11-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guardian
The 1917 Espionage Act has gone through some amendments over the years but its language still reflects the security concerns of a century ago, with references to railroads, forts and telegraphs. But its all-encompassing character has stood the test of time. Section 793 of the law makes it an offence to take, retain or transfer knowledge "with intent or reason to believe that the information is to be used to the injury of the United States, or to the advantage of any foreign nation"
They say this makes his defense weak. I would argue that this type of surveillance was already widely assumed to exist. It serves as a reminder to enemies that this stuff exists, but it isn't exactly news. The value given to the U.S. on the other hand is immense. There really is no need for this type of system to exist out of the democratic system. It'll be interesting to see the goonsquad slander him.

Things like this just grow as they exist. There is no debate over how much we spend on it. It is absurd. There is no reason it will not grow and become more sophisticated and record more and more about us. Categorize us by our beliefs, etc. All in nice graphs etc. It *WILL* happen. I may sound like a paranoid person to some but the above is what will happen if there is no debate and thus no public oversight. It is a lot of power. People love power.

The only real question is will it ever be abused ? Shrug. No clue. Could it be used by a bigger enemy than those it purports to defend us against ? Yes.

Last edited by hecky; 06-11-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2w2p2s View Post
Lindsay Mills, the woman reported to be the girlfriend of purported National Security Agency whistle-blower Edward Snowden, says she feels adrift without her 29-year-old boyfriend, whom she says abandoned her in Hawaii and fled to Hong Kong.

"My world has opened and closed all at once. Leaving me lost at sea without a compass," Mills, a 28-year-old professional pole dancer, wrote on her blog,

Some pretty interesting pictures she posted over the life of her blog which is now taken down...Might explain some of the fights she had with her boyfriend Edward

Google Images of NSA Leaker Edward Snowden's girlfriend

You might also search out some of her You Tube Videos. I saw one with some extremely suggestive sexual dancing going on with her dance partner from just last Friday before the boyfriend left town.

Fish out of Water

Also---

Lindsay Mills Highlight Reel

Last edited by WECpoker; 06-11-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:47 PM

(
Quote:
Originally Posted by WECpoker View Post
Some pretty interesting pictures she posted over the life of her blog which is now taken down...Might explain some of the fights she had with her boyfriend Edward

Google Images of NSA Leaker Edward Snowden's girlfriend

You might also search out some of her You Tube Videos. I saw one with some extremely suggestive sexual dancing going on with her dance partner from just last Friday before the boyfriend left town.

Fish out of Water

Also---

Lindsay Mills Highlight Reel
Where has it been made known they were having fights?

It would be amusing if some big fight led him to storm off and did this and his basic impulsiveness is why he pulled the trigger. No suggestion this is true though from what I've seen ?

Those pictures are a letdown for her being a 'pole dancer'. Her dance partner is very likely gay.

ACLU has filed a lawsuit. Their grounds is that it has a chilling effect on their ability to do their job. Seems like a good start.

Yes obama is out there trying to get you! Support the cause ! <- Yea I mean YOU, the one reading this.

Last edited by hecky; 06-11-2013 at 05:50 PM.