Roughing the Punter

Go Back   Roughing the Punter > Main Forums > Edward Snowden / PRISM / NSA / Heathens and Shethens

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-11-2013, 09:55 AM
2w2p2s's Avatar
2w2p2s 2w2p2s is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,454
Default

Quote:
Lindsay Mills, the woman reported to be the girlfriend of purported National Security Agency whistle-blower Edward Snowden, says she feels adrift without her 29-year-old boyfriend, whom she says abandoned her in Hawaii and fled to Hong Kong.

"My world has opened and closed all at once. Leaving me lost at sea without a compass," Mills, a 28-year-old professional pole dancer, wrote on her blog,
WTF? A politically correct term for stripper?
__________________
"people can be replaced u see. money cannot, once its gone, its gone forever"- TBC
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-11-2013, 10:12 AM
WarDekar WarDekar is offline
Friend of RTP
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,330
Default

She could be a pole dancer in Cirque type shows- there are legitimate pole dancers out there.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-11-2013, 10:56 AM
GroovinMahoovinPartDeux's Avatar
GroovinMahoovinPartDeux GroovinMahoovinPartDeux is offline
Bet Like a Real Fucking Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7,006
Default

Apparently pole dancing is also a popular form of exercise now, because I see Groupon-type offers for pole dancing classes once in a while.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-11-2013, 12:26 PM
hecky's Avatar
hecky hecky is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2w2p2s View Post
WTF? A politically correct term for stripper?
Bahaha. Now it makes sense how the guy makes 200k a year and is tapped after being on the lam for a few weeks.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Samo Samo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hecky View Post
Bahaha. Now it makes sense how the guy makes 200k a year and is tapped after being on the lam for a few weeks.
They may have frozen his bank accounts.

He stayed in a luxury hotel for weeks and ate all his meals via room service I assume (he didn't leave the room for weeks) so his credit cards could be maxing out.
(They may also be closing out his credit cards).
__________________
Please feel free to recommend this thread to others, link to it on your website or post a link in other forums, mention it on social media, etc.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-11-2013, 01:44 PM
hecky's Avatar
hecky hecky is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samo View Post
They may have frozen his bank accounts.

He stayed in a luxury hotel for weeks and ate all his meals via room service I assume (he didn't leave the room for weeks) so his credit cards could be maxing out.
(They may also be closing out his credit cards).
Yea, you're right. I was more tongue in cheek than anything. He seems a bit amaturish running out of money so quick before he gets his asylum attempt sorted out. I mean, he should easily known his assets would be frozen and turned it all into cash.

Who knows what the truth is.. He might have cash but just used up CCs first realizing his American credit will have no value going forward.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Samo Samo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,412
Default

The administration quickly called in a favor from one of its pimps:

"He [Snowden] is... a grandiose narcissist who deserves to be in prison."

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...s-no-hero.html

It's heartening that the reader comments are about 95% anti-Toobin. Strongly anti-Toobin.

His (Toobin's) wife is a former Verizon executive, which he doesn't disclose.

Here's part of the background of CNN's legal anal-cyst:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...ticle-1.194924
__________________
Please feel free to recommend this thread to others, link to it on your website or post a link in other forums, mention it on social media, etc.
Thanks.

Last edited by Samo; 06-11-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-11-2013, 04:16 PM
hecky's Avatar
hecky hecky is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guardian
The 1917 Espionage Act has gone through some amendments over the years but its language still reflects the security concerns of a century ago, with references to railroads, forts and telegraphs. But its all-encompassing character has stood the test of time. Section 793 of the law makes it an offence to take, retain or transfer knowledge "with intent or reason to believe that the information is to be used to the injury of the United States, or to the advantage of any foreign nation"
They say this makes his defense weak. I would argue that this type of surveillance was already widely assumed to exist. It serves as a reminder to enemies that this stuff exists, but it isn't exactly news. The value given to the U.S. on the other hand is immense. There really is no need for this type of system to exist out of the democratic system. It'll be interesting to see the goonsquad slander him.

Things like this just grow as they exist. There is no debate over how much we spend on it. It is absurd. There is no reason it will not grow and become more sophisticated and record more and more about us. Categorize us by our beliefs, etc. All in nice graphs etc. It *WILL* happen. I may sound like a paranoid person to some but the above is what will happen if there is no debate and thus no public oversight. It is a lot of power. People love power.

The only real question is will it ever be abused ? Shrug. No clue. Could it be used by a bigger enemy than those it purports to defend us against ? Yes.

Last edited by hecky; 06-11-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-11-2013, 05:19 PM
WECpoker WECpoker is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2w2p2s View Post
Lindsay Mills, the woman reported to be the girlfriend of purported National Security Agency whistle-blower Edward Snowden, says she feels adrift without her 29-year-old boyfriend, whom she says abandoned her in Hawaii and fled to Hong Kong.

"My world has opened and closed all at once. Leaving me lost at sea without a compass," Mills, a 28-year-old professional pole dancer, wrote on her blog,



WTF? A politically correct term for stripper?
Some pretty interesting pictures she posted over the life of her blog which is now taken down...Might explain some of the fights she had with her boyfriend Edward

Google Images of NSA Leaker Edward Snowden's girlfriend

You might also search out some of her You Tube Videos. I saw one with some extremely suggestive sexual dancing going on with her dance partner from just last Friday before the boyfriend left town.

Fish out of Water

Also---

Lindsay Mills Highlight Reel

Last edited by WECpoker; 06-11-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-11-2013, 05:47 PM
hecky's Avatar
hecky hecky is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,006
Default

(
Quote:
Originally Posted by WECpoker View Post
Some pretty interesting pictures she posted over the life of her blog which is now taken down...Might explain some of the fights she had with her boyfriend Edward

Google Images of NSA Leaker Edward Snowden's girlfriend

You might also search out some of her You Tube Videos. I saw one with some extremely suggestive sexual dancing going on with her dance partner from just last Friday before the boyfriend left town.

Fish out of Water

Also---

Lindsay Mills Highlight Reel
Where has it been made known they were having fights?

It would be amusing if some big fight led him to storm off and did this and his basic impulsiveness is why he pulled the trigger. No suggestion this is true though from what I've seen ?

Those pictures are a letdown for her being a 'pole dancer'. Her dance partner is very likely gay.

ACLU has filed a lawsuit. Their grounds is that it has a chilling effect on their ability to do their job. Seems like a good start.

Yes obama is out there trying to get you! Support the cause ! <- Yea I mean YOU, the one reading this.

Last edited by hecky; 06-11-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.